Chrome River adds to its global expense management capabilities with yet more languages, so even more of our users in over 115 countries worldwide can now submit their expenses in their native language.
Any investment that a company makes in a new product or solution can only deliver its intended benefits if it's used - and embraced - across the organisation. While reluctant employees can avoid having to use some software solutions, when it comes to tools such as expense reporting, there isn’t really an option to sidestep it. However, this doesn’t mean that an optimal user experience needs to be an afterthought in the software review process.
Chrome River and Lyft are making it even easier for business travellers to create expense claims.
Now that the dust has settled on 2016 and we’re full speed ahead in 2017, Chrome River's CEO and co-founder, Alan Rich, looks back over the company's many achievements over the past year.
- Putting Expense Solutions’ Optical Character Recognition Capabilities Under the Microscope
- Invoice Solutions that Finance Teams and Approvers Actually Love
- Chrome River Hits New Global Expense Milestone with Launch of 31st Language
- Five Questions that CIOs Need to Ask about Expense Management
- Why Protecting Employee Data and Offering Superior Software aren’t Mutually Exclusive
We love you guys! Everything is going great.
Wow! This Chrome River is great. Word has spread [in our firm] and people that were not invited to be in the pilot group rollout have asked to be included!