Chrome River has more than 800 customers around the world representing almost every size of organisation, across countless different industries.
We’re certainly proud of supporting all of our customers in their goal of controlling employee expense costs and streamlining invoice and expense approvals. However, we’re particularly excited that an ever-growing number of global technology leaders, from music streaming services to some of the biggest names in B2B software and consumer electronics, have chosen Chrome River as their expense management technology provider. Brands such as Fujitsu, Wayfair, Sabre, Harman and GoDaddy are just a few of the technology leaders that trust us to support their expense management programs.
By the very nature of their business, tech companies – particularly software vendors – have a very clear understanding of what makes a good product, both for end-users and also for the CIO. As a result, we’ve found that our tech customers have some of the most demanding and rigorous selection criteria, and expect their technology partners to have as much of a laser-focus on customer satisfaction as they do. So, we took a look to see what it is about Chrome River’s expense and invoice management solutions that our tech customers love. Here’s what we found:
1. Innovative: Innovation is critical to maintaining leadership in fast-moving industries, and the tech industry epitomizes this drive. We have a long track record of being at the forefront of innovation when it comes to expense and invoice technology, from our web app which provides the same high-quality experience and functionality on any device, to our latest new offering, PROSPER. With PROSPER, we are transforming the way businesses think about T&E, by turning it from an unavoidable (and often unpopular) cost center into a potential profit center.
2. Global: With tech companies often expending globally at a faster pace than traditional organisations, it’s critical that their enterprise software solutions can support them, whether they have employees who travel overseas, or operational and support teams based around the world. Chrome River is available in 31 languages on both laptops and mobile devices – the most of any expense management solution. And what’s more, this isn’t just on the end user interface. Your admin teams around the world can also use Chrome River in their native tongue. For organisations which need to understand the complexities of global expense and tax requirements but don’t have local resources that understand the local nuances, our relationship with PwC offers the peace of mind that you’ll be up to speed on the latest regulations to keep you compliant.
3. Scalable: Most of the world’s fastest-growing companies are in the technology sector. These organisations need to find solutions that will scale with them as they grow – a partner that isn’t too large to support a rapidly-growing organisation, but also has the scalability and flexibility to work with some of the largest organisations in the world. Over the past 10 years, Chrome River has seen many of its customers grow exponentially, and has supported them every step of the way, from international expansion to incorporating sophisticated global expense policies. Our business rules engine can easily be reconfigured to reflect your changing requirements, so Chrome River works around your needs, not the other way around.
4. User experience: Any tech firm CEO can tell you that an attractive and easy to use UI and a positive UX can be the difference between success and failure. This is why Chrome River has invested heavily in creating a straightforward and sleek UI which gives users the same experience across any device, be it a wide-screen laptop or a mobile phone. We designed the solution so that receipts can be turned into expense claims in just a couple of clicks, with workflows that are easy to learn and use with just a couple of minutes of training. Tech workers expect their employers to provide them with the same high-caliber solutions that they create themselves, and Chrome River delivers on this promise.
5. Mobile: We’re firmly in a mobile-first world, and tech-savvy millennials and Gen-Z-ers expect to be able to do anything on the iPhone XS or GalaxyS9 that they can on their company-issued laptop. Chrome River was architected so that anything that can be done on a laptop or PC can also be done on a mobile phone, in more than 30 languages. Snap a photo of a receipt in a restaurant, upload it to Chrome River, and our industry-leading optical character recognition capabilities will automatically extract the transaction data, to make expense item creation a breeze. We also integrate with many popular mobile traveler apps like Uber, Lyft and SpotHero, so as soon as you’ve finished a ride or paid for your parking spot, the data flows automatically to your Chrome River account without a single click.
6. Real-time expenses: Whether you want your employees to submit their expenses monthly or in real time as soon as they are incurred, we can work with you to create a program that works for your company. Chrome River offers a range of pricing programs so that the finance team can be assured of getting the best ROI, while its travellers benefit from the ease of use and rapid reimbursement that they want.
7. Tech meets tech: Chrome River works closely with our customers to develop solutions which work effortlessly with their technology environments. Whether it’s back end integrations with ERP and accounting systems, or custom-built bots which can slash the number of hours spent on repetitive tasks, we work with our customers’ tech teams to make their lives easier. Whether it’s our soliciting input via our ADMIRALS customer forum, or creating APIs to streamline processes, we’ll work with your tech team to help you get the most from Chrome River.
Whether you’re a rapidly growing tech startup which has just received its “A” round, or you’re a global category leader with teams around the world, you can be assured that Chrome River will be with you every step of the way.
- UK Finance Leaders Reveal Biggest Concerns for the Post-COVID Recovery
- 9 Signs it’s Time to Switch Expense Management Systems
- When Cash (Control) is King: Is Your Accounts Payable Strategy Optimised for a COVID-19 World?
- Getting the Most Out of Your Spend Data with Emburse Insight Advisor
- How We Did It: Supporting Front Line Healthcare Workers During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Our choice of Chrome River EXPENSE was made in part due to the very user-friendly interface, easy configurability, and the clear commitment to impactful customer service – all aspects in which Chrome River was the clear winner. While Chrome River is not as large as some of the other vendors we considered, we found that to be a benefit and our due diligence showed that it could support us as well as any large players in the space, along with a personalized level of customer care.
We are excited to be able to enforce much more stringent compliance to our expense guidelines and significantly enhance our expense reporting and analytics. By automating these processes, we will be able to free up AP time formerly spent on manual administrative tasks, and enhance the role by being much more strategic.