Our relationship with TRUSTe is viewable on the validation page by clicking the TRUSTe seal. The TRUSTe certification covers only our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website www.chromeriver.com and our service platform and does not cover information that may be collected through our Chrome River MOBILE application. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Chrome River Technologies.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe here.
Chrome River Technologies complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Chrome River Technologies has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Chrome River Technologies’ certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor/ .
Internet Security Policy
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect your personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, company name and business email address when you contact us or when you submit a request for a demo or other materials through our website. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit and store it in log files:
- The Internet domain (for example, chromeriver.com) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The internet service provider (ISP);
- The date and time you access our site;
- The clickstream data;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you link to this website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve to improve our marketing services and site functionality. When you access our website from your mobile device, we may automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with your personal information (for example, you register on the site to access software or you ask a question using the Contact form) we will use the information only to fulfill your request or to assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products. We do not collect personal information for any other purposes. The information you provide is not given to any private organizations or private persons.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Chrome River is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/remove or request to deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name or email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Chrome River and our marketing partners, affiliates, and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Local Storage Objects (HTML 5)
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile website. This software may record information such as how often you use the website, the events that occur within the website, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was accessed from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the website.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as login credentials on the login form, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to 3rd Party Websites
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Chrome River does not store this information.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Information Related to Data Collected through the Chrome River Service
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
- Chrome River Technologies collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients
- Chrome River Technologies has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Chrome River Technologies’ Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within 30 days.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Chrome River Technologies will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes to This Policy
Chrome River Technologies
5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 270
Los Angeles, CA 90036