Navigating change is critical to the successful adoption of a new software solution. In the enterprise software market at large, many organizations stumble as they attempt to reap the benefits of a new solution because they get stuck during – or fail to perform – crucial steps required for a successful changeover to a new offering. This situation can be compounded when a new vendor is chosen because they:
- Failed to capture all requirements necessary to support the customer’s business processes
- Misaligned their technology to the customer’s business strategy and operational needs
- Overlooked necessary change management activities
- Lacked the specialized talent needed to drive implementation, adoption and support.
All of the issues above reflect a single theme: vendors can fail to understand their customers’ business needs because they did not form a true partnership.
Because our team collectively possess decades of experience gained from developing, implementing and supporting SaaS-based expense and invoice management solutions, Chrome River’s customers are not exposed to these issues. Organizations from around the world choose us over other vendors because they recognize that Chrome River’s staff possess the expertise necessary to both implement our products and support customers in the years after the initial implementation. Put simply, we’re invested in customer success every step of the way and we perform the work necessary to ensure customer success.
Three key factors inform how Chrome River makes the transition to our products frictionless:
- Superior implementation design and delivery
- Change management tools
- Responsive ongoing support and training
Superior Implementation Design and Delivery
Other vendors may propose a “do it yourself” approach to implementing their products, and while they will never admit this, this can be the result of inadequate internal resources. As we understand that each customer’s business needs are unique, our delivery approach reflects this:
- We designate a team that partners with your internal stakeholders.
- Our process ensures we capture your business’s unique requirements.
- Our project managers function as consultants who apply industry best practices to ensure an overall smooth implementation for your organization.
How we partner with customers informs our delivery approach: Chrome River works with each customer to create a solution configured to meet the organization’s needs. Our project managers meet with your team to inform you on best practices, proactively develop solutions and configure and set-up your system for live operation rollout.
Change Management Tools
While enterprise software vendors have made great strides in user experience, training in some format is required for your staff to become fluent with the new tool. Chrome River has successfully trained and supported over 850 customers so their organizations can leverage their investment in Chrome River. We provide training in a variety of ways
- In-application self-guided training shows employees what to do step-by-step from creating expense reports to allocating an expense or line item.
- Educational videos provided in-application for common tasks enable immediate usage with easy-to-follow tutorials
- Help desk support library that provides “how to” tutorials covering the latest product updates and feature additions.
Ongoing Customer Support
The journey is not over once you become a Chrome River customer and we’ve worked with you to implement the expense management or AP automation solution: we empower your organization to derive value both immediately after implementation and throughout the product lifecycle on an ongoing basis afterwards. And our dedication is paying off. In a recent report by G2 Crowd, Chrome River's customer support ranks highest among vendors. As your trusted advisor, we provide several ways for your organization to utilize our solutions to their fullest extent:
- Ongoing Configuration Changes: your business processes and policies will change over time -- and Chrome River enables you to easily adapt to those changes by providing ongoing configuration enhancements when necessary. For example, your travel policy may change to reflect a new requirement of your employees. If a configuration change cannot be made by your admin, we’ll make the changes for you.
- Global Support and Help Desk: Our support teams respond to any request within 24 hours depending on the level of the severity of the request. They’ll endeavor to resolve urgent situations during the same day.
- Chrome River University (CRU): A self-help online learning management system, CRU provides your team video tutorials led by our internal subject matter experts who’ll show you how to use the latest product enhancements and tools.
Transitioning to a new expense management or invoice automation solution need not be fraught with uncertainty. When you become a Chrome River customer, you’ll be supported by a world-class team of experts dedicated to your success. And once you’re well along the path towards greater operational efficiencies, we’ll work alongside you tirelessly to provide the support necessary to leverage your investment in Chrome River well after the initial implementation. The journey to success is never just about the destination. Our mission includes a long-term commitment to innovation and support so our customers can let business flow. Learn more about how Chrome River makes this process effortless for customers.
Our choice of Chrome River EXPENSE was made in part due to the very user-friendly interface, easy configurability, and the clear commitment to impactful customer service – all aspects in which Chrome River was the clear winner. While Chrome River is not as large as some of the other vendors we considered, we found that to be a benefit and our due diligence showed that it could support us as well as any large players in the space, along with a personalized level of customer care.
We are excited to be able to enforce much more stringent compliance to our expense guidelines and significantly enhance our expense reporting and analytics. By automating these processes, we will be able to free up AP time formerly spent on manual administrative tasks, and enhance the role by being much more strategic.