Mobile solutions have become critical in integrating business and technology. If designed and executed effectively, they have the ability to speed productivity, simplify the user experience, and offer added convenience to end users. However, just adding mobile isn't going to do much by itself. You need to develop a mobile mindset, thinking about how innovative mobile solutions will enhance your business model at every level of your organization without causing disruptions and distractions.
UNDERSTANDING THE MOBILE MINDSET
Suppose you had to choose between purchasing two kitchen appliances, an old-fashioned ice cream maker and an electric mixer. Both are capable of making a delicious dessert, and the ice cream maker has a kind of a cool, retro chic styling. But the mixer streamlines the baking process and has many other uses – it actually makes time spent in the kitchen more efficient – whereas the ice cream maker is simply a cool gadget.
Developing a mobile mindset means knowing how to deliver mobile solutions that are fully integrated in your business rather than pursuing fragmented pieces just because they are cool or because someone is stuck in the past, reflecting outdated PC-era design models.
FINDING THE RIGHT MOBILE SOLUTION
Finding the right mobile solution for your business comes down to the following:
- Understand what purpose mobile serves your business. Ideally, whenever you use mobile you are contributing to your business goals, so it's important to consider how mobile links to an overall business strategy.
- Know which mobile application delivers the most value. Achieving a certain outcome through mobile may not be enough. You also have to consider how efficient the system is at delivering results. Being able to quickly and easily enter expenses from your mobile device, for instance, adds value while streamlining expense management.
- Make the customer a focal point of execution. You need to take a holistic approach when thinking about how well mobile meets the needs of your users since not all user environments are the same. Ease of communication, delivery, and support are all key considerations when implementing mobile solutions.
- Have leadership that embraces mobile. Mobile is ever-evolving, and if you don't have a leadership team that is truly on-board, you will miss opportunities and get stuck with outdated solutions. Your leadership team should be actively engaged with mobile, not only understanding it at a technical level, but also having a genuine passion for using mobile to solve complex business problems that can't be addressed in any other way.
THE PERFECT SOFTWARE FOR YOUR MOBILE MINDSET
Chrome River expense report software was designed with mobile solutions in mind. It’s never been easier to enter and approve expenses—anytime, anywhere. Chrome River may not define your business strategy, but it will help you focus on it.
- The Cost-Control Benefits of Analytics in Expense Management
- 7 Reasons Why the Finance Team Should Push for Expense Management Software
- Business Travel in the iPhone Age: Lessons Learned and Future Strategies
- Chrome River and Lyft Launch Integration for Even Easier Business Rides
- Creating and Enforcing Expense Policies: The Happy Medium for Cost Control and Employee Satisfaction
We love you guys! Everything is going great.
Wow! This Chrome River is great. Word has spread [in our firm] and people that were not invited to be in the pilot group rollout have asked to be included!