Worried that you may have missed out on some of our blog posts? Fear not - we've compiled a list of the 10 most-read blog posts in 2018. See what your peers thought were the most pressing topics of the year in the worlds of expense management and invoice automation.
1. Chrome River or Concur - How to Decide Which Works Best for You
Organizations who are looking for a full-featured, enterprise-grade expense management solution often find that the choice comes down to Chrome River and Concur. Once the shortlist has been created, how can finance, IT and procurement teams work out which solution works best for their team?
2. 6 Key Expense Management Best Practices
Now is a good time to revisit how travel and expense policies are managed at your own organization. What are the best practices that you should consider following?
3. 7 Reasons Why the Finance Team Should Push for Expense Management Software
While there's no denying that automating end-user processes and enabling hassle-free mobile submission of expense reports provides major ease-of-use and time-saving benefits for business travelers, the ROI that these benefits deliver is often dwarfed by the impact that expense automation has on the finance function.
4. Why the Manual Invoice Processing Model is Broken - and How to Fix It
Every organization’s finance team knows that controlling supplier costs is critical. However, one area that many organizations have yet to address is the actual cost of the invoice management and processing function.
5. 7 Steps to Expense Submission Nirvana - Making Life Easier for Your Business Travelers
Expense management systems must provide several receipt submission formats, to match the different types of receipt format in use, as well as users’ own preferences. What types of receipt submission should your expense solution be able to support, to cater to the full spectrum of your organization’s users and their travel profiles?
6. How to Make the Business Case for an Expense Management System
Fifty-four percent of respondents to the recent GBTA / American Express Traveler Sentiment Survey said that they submit their expenses electronically. While the adoption of expense report automation solutions is at a record level, it still highlights that nearly half of all business travelers are forced to stuff their pockets, wallets and briefcases with receipts, which they then have to staple to sheets of paper and mail to accounting departments, along with a printed spreadsheet that needs to be typed up with every detail of every item.
7. IDC Ranks Chrome River as an Expense Management Leader
We’re delighted to have been listed by respected technology analyst firm IDC as a “Leader” in its Travel and Expense MarketScape, validating our position in the global expense management industry.
8. How Can Expense Automation Benefit Your Organization?
New research shows that expense automation technology is firmly in the mainstream, and the majority of organizations that have made the switch have adopted dedicated cloud-based expense automation software. If your organization hasn't yet made the leap, what are the main benefits that you are missing out on?
9. 5 Reasons Why Web Apps are Essential for Speedy Invoice Approvals
Rapid invoice approval is critical for effective cash flow and to maintain effective visibility into the accounts payable process. The kind of technology you use to access this data could play a major factor in your company's ability to deliver this insight.
10. Playing by the Rules: Why Configurability Is Key in Your Expense Management Choice
One of the biggest benefits that an expense management solution can deliver is automated enforcement of an organization's expense policy and approval processes. However, not all expense solutions have the capability or flexibility to support the requirements of complex global organizations.
- IDC Recognizes Chrome River as a Leader in Enterprise AP Automation Solutions
- How I Did It: Accelerating Change Turnaround Time by 600%
- Chrome River or Concur – How to Decide Which Works Best for You
- 9 Signs it’s Time to Switch Expense Management Systems
- Buy, Pay, Expense: Save Time on Amazon Business Expenses with Chrome River and Mastercard
Our choice of Chrome River EXPENSE was made in part due to the very user-friendly interface, easy configurability, and the clear commitment to impactful customer service – all aspects in which Chrome River was the clear winner. While Chrome River is not as large as some of the other vendors we considered, we found that to be a benefit and our due diligence showed that it could support us as well as any large players in the space, along with a personalized level of customer care.
We are excited to be able to enforce much more stringent compliance to our expense guidelines and significantly enhance our expense reporting and analytics. By automating these processes, we will be able to free up AP time formerly spent on manual administrative tasks, and enhance the role by being much more strategic.