This is a pretty big sports week here at Chrome River. First, our beloved team, the Cubbies, won the World Series (they’re a customer of ours, hence the love). On Saturday, it’s the Breeders' Cup, and the favorite is, of course, California Chrome. While some may deny it, we all like to think that he was named after a certain California-based company with “Chrome” in its name.
Aside from the name, we certainly feel quite a lot of affinity with the old guy, and it’s not surprising when you look at the similarities:
- California Chrome has developed a fan base who call themselves “Chromies,” and he’s viewed as the people’s choice due to his humble background and his ability to upset the status quo of the big breeders. Likewise, we affectionately refer to ourselves as Chromies, and we also have legions of faithful fans who want us to upset the status quo in the world of expense software.
- California Chrome’s name was pulled out of hat by a waitress in Brewsters Bar & Grill in Galt, California. Our company’s name, while not quite as randomly selected, has an almost equally fun history.
- Despite his age, he continues to be faster than the younger horses. Likewise, even as we close in on our 10th anniversary, we continue to be recognized by organizations such as Deloitte and Inc. as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
- Although he may not have originally been fancied because of his heritage, he has shown to have been the bred very well. Likewise, Chrome River continues to demonstrate why best-of-breed expense software is the way forward.
- As Steve Coburn, one of California Chrome’s original owners told NBC Sports, “This horse has given everybody else out there the incentive to say, ‘you know what? We can do it too ...’ It may not be a race horse ... whatever the case may be, but we just hope that this horse is letting America know that the little guy can win.”
- A horse’s “chromes“ are viewed as one of its more attractive attributes, especially when they are clean and pristine. Similarly, our customers love our elegant and intuitive interface.
So, join with us as we cheer California Chrome on this weekend. While he may have been an unknown outsider a few years ago, he’s now an established favorite – we feel the same about ourselves!
- Business Travel in the iPhone Age: Lessons Learned and Future Strategies
- Chrome River and Lyft Launch Integration for Even Easier Business Rides
- Creating and Enforcing Expense Policies: The Happy Medium for Cost Control and Employee Satisfaction
- Why the Manual Invoice Processing Model Is Broken (And How to Fix It)
- 6 Reasons for Implementing an Expense Management System
We love you guys! Everything is going great.
Wow! This Chrome River is great. Word has spread [in our firm] and people that were not invited to be in the pilot group rollout have asked to be included!